Civil litigation has been the mainstay of his practice since 2000; over this time he has worked at sharpening his skills in, client care, drafting pleadings and interim applications, negotiating, settling written arguments/opinions, and developing strategy in long, complex, high stakes commercial, trust and property matters. Clyde is a strong team leader and player.
He has conducted litigation (trial and appellate) as leader and advised on a range of issues at the civil bar including:
- Matters involving allegations of breach of contract, fraud and economic torts in commercial litigation;
- Matters involving construction of: statutes, company constitutional documents, diverse contracts and other legal documents;
- Share redemptions and liquidator/receiver authority, duties and responsibilities;
- Issues in trust, property and succession Law;
- Forum and choice of law issues;
- Pre-trial remedies including applications for injunctions;
- Fatal accidents and personal Injury Claims;
- Matters involving allegations of negligence;
- Determination of applicable accounting standards in the valuation of financial assets;
- Claims touching negotiable instruments;
- Labour and employment matters.
Clyde has a varied and in depth experience as a barrister at both the Criminal and Civil Bars. In his formative years, he successfully represented a wide cross section of defendants at the Criminal Bar.
These years served to hone his array of skills before juries and appellate tribunals.< read more>
For general information about Cwilliams Law, please contact us at: